In order to open an individual account you will basically need two documents only:
- ID document
- Proof of Residence
1. ID document is a government-issued document containing photographic evidence of identity such as:
- international passport
- national or other government-issued identity card
- residence card
- any other applicable alternatives.
An ID document shall be valid, showing full name, nationality, date and place of birth, unique identification number and issue date of the document.
2. Proof of Residence is the document confirming your residential address. It must include your first name and surname, an address and issue date. As a Proof of Residence we can accept any of the following:
- rental agreements showing the address of the customer and having the customer as one of the contracting parties, duly stamped by the Inland Revenue Department
- recent utility bill which is not older than 3 (three) months and shows the full name and the full address of the individual, type of service provided and the date of the bill, such as:
- water / gas / electricity utility bill;
- landline or internet services bill. A bill for mobile services does not suffice;
- recent statement or reference letter issued by a recognized credit institution (not e-money or payment institution), e.g. a debit account statement. A credit card statement does not suffice;
- correspondence from a central or local government authority, department or agency
- any ID document listed above, where a clear indication of residential address is provided
- government-issued document not mentioned above featuring all necessary data
- other applicable alternatives.
We do not accept information in handwriting (e.g. date of a bill written by hand will not be accepted).
Please note that ID and Proof of Residence must be 2 (two) different documents.
XHK reserves the right to request additional documents to fulfill its regulatory obligations.